Katalin Koch Székely, MSc
I was born in Serbia and grew up in bilingual environment (Serbian and Hungarian). I have been living in Austria since 2010.
My interest in understanding people, their life situations, their thoughts and emotional states emerged at a young age. This interest in helping people arose at an early age, so I decided to train to be a psychologist.
Today, as a clinical psychologist, I find it more and more important in my work to focus on the positive qualities and inner resources of a person than to emphasize on their "flaws" and "failures".
Currently my life roles include being a daughter, a sister, a wife and a friend. In my free time, among other things, I enjoy reading a good book, playing music or running. Social activities with my friends are also a significant factor in my life for maintaining good mental health.
- 2011 - 2017 - Psychology Master of Science Certificate (Graz)
- 2017 - 2019 - Clinical Psychology Training Programme (Graz)
- 2019 - 2021 - Propedeutic Programme in Psychotherapy (Graz)
- 2020 - 2021: Training Programme in Schema therapy (Jeffrey E. Young)
- Since 2021 I am taking part in an Austrian Psychotherapist Training Programme for Behavioral Therapy ("Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Verhaltensmodifikation", Salzburg)
- 2016 - 2017: Psychological work with people with chronic psychiatric illnesses (Lebenswelten der Barmherzigen Brüder - Styria)
- 2017 - 2020: Clinical-psychological counselling and support for people with multiple impairments (Lebenswelten der Barmherzigen Brüder - Styria)
- 2020 - 2021: I am working as a clinical psychologist with people with chronic (socio)psychiatric problems (Hasnerplatz, GFSG GmbH, Graz)
- Since 2020 I am volunteering in the "PIA - Partner in old age" project (GFSG, Graz)
- Since 2021 I am working in a private practice
- Since 2022: Clinical-psychological counselling and treatment in the Counselling center in Leibnitz (GFSG)